Natural Gas Generators
With their precision engineering, energy efficiency, use of clean-burning, low-cost fuel, HIPOWER SYSTEMS' award-winning natural gas generators are becoming a genset of choice for oil & gas operators.
A decade ago, natural gas engines had a reputation for being less reliable and more maintenance prone than diesel, making them questionable for harsh, often remote oilfield sites. Today, engine technologies have improved dramatically and reliability has increased in step with demand for environmentally sensitive power sources.
Even so, natural gas engines remain the “thoroughbreds” of the oil and gas (O&G) industry, proven winners in the right environment but requiring knowledge and skill in their development and running. These factors make it crucial for resellers and owners to work only with firms that take the challenges of natural gas into account with every component they use. HIPOWER SYSTEMS is such a firm.
Our portable natural gas generators incorporate specialized components, from a crankcase ventilation filter with thermal insulation to sophisticated, digital engine controllers with telematics, that ensure reliability and protect equipment investments. A broad selection of state-of-the-art enclosures, cold-weather packs and other features give O&G customers unrivaled opportunity for customization.
To reinforce its reputation for providing industry-leading quality and customer service, HIPOWER SYSTEMS incorporates advanced processes and enhanced programs to help purchasers ensure their equipment is safe, properly maintained and as user-friendly as possible. Services include comprehensive training programs and maintenance services, including an option to have a dedicated support team fly onsite and troubleshoot and resolve problems.
For firms seeking to maximize energy recapture and reduce flaring activity and/or operating expenses, optional well-head gas scrubbers expand the possibilities even further. Our natural gas generators are also used in tandem with diesel generators, often in parallel configurations, to provide power and load flexibility for all phases of well development and operation.
To learn more about the features and characteristics of our O&G natural gas generators, we invite you to review the details below or visit the individual product pages on this site. To have one of our O&G Division specialists develop a custom recommendation for your company or customer, please submit a contact request form or call 866-710-2988, toll-free.
Engine and Systems
- Engines from leading engine companies such as Power Solutions International incorporate the latest engine technologies to reduce fuel consumption, minimize complexity and promote maximum lifespans.
- Deep Sea Electronics advanced digital controller with remote access, optional load sharing and telematics, with support for ZTR and Mastertrak GPS telematics solutions.
- Heavy-duty anti-vibration components ensure peak performance and reduce the chances of mechanical breakdown.
- Crankcase ventilation filter with thermal insulation system provides ultimate oil coalescence pressure control.
- Attractive, durable stainless steel enclosures are engineered and verified to perform under high structural stress and harsh conditions. Optional enclosure material choices include carbon steel, aluminum, rubber or poly-carbon, with all enclosures engineered for the needs of these high-performance, hotter-burning engines. Hot galvanized dipping and other types of plating are available upon request.
- Built-in, easy-access power distribution panel with receptacles, individual breakers, Camlok devices and lugs.
- Convenient external access to battery disconnect, battery charger, block heater, LP connection and engine oil/water coolant drain.
Environmental and Regulatory Control
- Meets or exceeds NEC, MSHA, and OSHA standards; EPA compliant Pursuant to Section 213 of the Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. section 7547) and 40 CFR Part 60, 40 CFR Part 1048, 1065, 1068, and 60 ( stationary only and combined stationary and mobile ).
- Heavy-duty two-stage air filters and three-way catalytic converters designed to meet current EPA emission standards.
- Equipped with the latest energy efficiency features to reduce fuel consumption.
- Oil systems supply lube oil to the crankcase without daily supervision and maintenance.
- Oversized enclosure doors with controller-viewing windows expedite maintenance operations, servicing and periodic analyses.
- Weather-resistance features include watertight enclosures and water jacket engine block heater with heavy-duty heating elements. Optional custom winterization packages afford even more protection for extreme weather conditions to as low as -50º.
- Compact units, often with built-in trailers, can be towed across the site or hoisted and moved using the single-point lifting eye integrated into the skid frame.
Portable Natural Gas Generators for Oil and Gas Production
There are a great many things that portable natural gas generators are capable of doing that previously were handled by stationary diesel generators, whether by desire or default. From powering commercial and industrial operations during power outages to driving exploration, drilling and production in Oil and Gas (O & G) industries, these industrial natural gas generators have come into the spotlight. Whereas it used to be considered a by-product gas that was flared off into the atmosphere, natural gas is now being harnessed and used by the very same industries to drive oil well pump jacks, power man-camps and other buildings, and meet the electrical and power requirements of facilities that are located near the drill site.
One of the features that sets our portable natural gas generators apart from other gensets is they can burn raw gas as it comes out of the wellhead. What does this mean for the O & G industry? The use of these natural gas-powered generators offers a two-fold benefit. The former by-product is made used by the O & G industry, which previously burned off about 350 million cubic feet of natural gas per day—equivalent to almost $100 million a month. At the same time, companies are able to cut down on C02 emissions that harm the environment.
When equipped with add-on gas scrubbing and analysis solutions, the natural gas generators for sale here at HIPOWER SYSTEMS help reduce spending for analyzing and cleaning natural gas. They also eliminate the separate, multi-stage process of conditioning to remove impurities as well as polishing to remove water and condensate. Direct access to the power source also means a reduction in transportation.
With the portability and extreme functionality of mobile industrial natural gas generators for sale today, it is no wonder that applications have gone beyond the oil and gas industry. The self-contained enclosed generator in the 3500KW range measures only 13'x7' (without the wheeled chassis), but is equipped with 110% spill containment, exterior power distribution panels with receptacles and Camloks, plus a host of other features. This means that even in urban areas where space is at a premium, power can always be available.
Login to download full information about this unit
Please register to see full submittal information