HIPOWER HW400A SEMI-AUTOMATIC WELDING with ability to perform semi-automatic welding such as MIG, MAG, SS. Learn more...
HIPOWER SYSTEMS present high efficiency welding generators that operate with low noise and are versatile, durable, compact, and environmentally friendly.
- Exceptionally quiet thanks to advanced sound-absorbing technology
- Superior welding performance thanks to a unique current control system
- Automatic engine idle means longer engine life
- Dual operator capability
- Digital meters
- CV, CC, MIG, TIG, Stick, Gouging (air arc gouging; 1/4-inch capability)
- Super quiet; at 58dB(A)
- Compact and lightweight
- Water-proof construction; easily accessible external drain plugs
- Automatic safety output reduction and engine shut-down features
- Fuel gauge illuminated for night visibility
- Complies with EPA-2 TPEM emission standards
- Optional remote control capability
- Operation in eco mode reduces engine emissions, extends engine life, consumes 30% less fuel, produces 10% less noise and is still capable of 220 amp output!
The HWA-400A has the capability to use 5/32 (4.0mm) rods in dual operator mode.
- High-efficiency alternator makes it possible to perform 5/32 (4.0mm) rods in dual use
- There is almost no mutual interference (current fluctuation) between A and B
Multi-process welding from stick welding to semi-automatic welding.
By combining wire feeder, you can perform:
- Flux Cored
- Air Carbon Arc
- Flux-Cored welding besides stick welding
Eco welding is achieved at lower RPM for reduced noise and fuel consumption.
- When the output selector switch positions at Eco, the speed gets down to 2100min-1 but you can weld at 240A (Max)
What is ECO?
The feature to reduce speed down to a half from regular speed is called Slow-Down feature for the purpose of low noise and low fuel consumption when welding is not performed. Eco welding is the feature to perform welding in good quality at Slow-Down speed.
- In comparison with regular speed, fuel consumption decreased it by 30% at (60Hz)
- Ultra Super Low Sound Level
Digital meters improve operation monitoring.
- Independent digital meters for welding voltage and current at both A and B sides are incorporated in the equipment. They prevent from welding fluctuation out of the setting values
- In addition to them, AC output voltage (3-Phase) and frequency meter in digital display strengthen monitoring feature
Remote control for constant voltage (CV) or constant current (CC) welding is available.
- You can adjust welding voltage or current easily by remote control by connecting a cord reel plug into a receptacle on the front panel
- You can connect 3 reels (90 meters max) to control remotely
Micro-computers installed in the equipment can be used with the generating output.
- 15kVA generating output can be used at ease for micro-computers installed in the equipment.
- Even in Eco mode (low speed), you can use AC loads (3-Phase and 1-Phase). Please note that welding output is blocked.
Dual welding capability
- High efficiency alternator allows dual operator welding with minimal current fluctuation for either operator
- Able to use up to 5/32 (4 mm) rod in the dual operation mode
Other important features
- Engine slow-down feature
- Fuel meter with a lamp
- Welding over load protector
- Starter-motor burn out protector
- 2 sets laden available
- Fuel inlet rain influent protecting structure
- Automatic air extractor
Patented alternator design
HW400A design employs a 10-pole rotor and split stator windings. This unique design produces a higher frequency output (300 Hz) for superior quality welding. The split windings allow two welders to operate at the same time with minimal mutual interference.
Reliable Kubota diesel engine
- Model D1005 diesel engine
- 3 cylinder, liquid cooled, 4 cycle
- Rated 26 HP @ 3600 rpm
- EPA certified, Tier 2 TPEM
- Single-side serviceability
As the welding industry becomes more integrated into various manufacturing processes, small and large-scale welding workshops need welding generators installed if they want to ensure continued smooth welding work. From the automotive and shipbuilding industry to aerospace and electronics, welding is an essential component of different supply chains and fabrication methods that require adequate power, whether for emergency or intensive operational use.
Welding goes beyond cutting machines, process technologies, and the people who operate them, as without sufficient energy to power various welding equipment, the quantity and quality of metal works are affected. This poses a major barrier to the growth of the industry, along with continued threats of power grid failures and supply shortages. For this reason, our energy-efficient welding generators are ready to be deployed at any time to your construction site to help increase factory output and meet the market demands of welding.
In addition to providing reliable and cost-effective generators, our units feature advanced sound-absorbing technology, making them super quiet. Unlike other generators that produce a disruptive amount of noise pollution, our welding generators can make your worksite more comfortable and conducive to high levels of productivity and efficiency. Engineered to have 10% less noise, your working environment becomes more attractive for business, whether to clients, staff, or investors.
HIPOWER SYSTEMS generators are designed to be high capacity and high performing. We've also built our generators with their environmental impact in mind. In ECO mode, our welding generator produces less engine emissions, consuming 30% less fuel without compromising power. We are committed to providing our clients innovative and systematic solutions to the industry.
For inquiries and other concerns about our welding generators, please feel free to contact us. Our team of engineers and technicians will be glad to assist you with your factory's energy requirements and power generation needs.
Login to download full information about this unit