06/11/2015 | HIPOWER SYSTEMS Debuts New Agricultural Emergency Generators Designed to Reduce Mortality Rates
HIPOWER SYSTEMS, a manufacturer of power generation and power distribution equipment in the U.S. and Canada, today announced the availability of a new line of emergency generators specially engineered for agricultural and animal husbandry operations. The backup generators are offered in power ratings from 55kW to 270kW for single-phase models, and up to 400 Kw for three-phase models.
“Animals raised indoors need a stable supply of heat and other comfort elements to survive power outages caused by storms, grid failure and the like, yet harsh conditions can make it difficult for operators to reach the animals and ensure they are safe,” said Rafael Acosta. “By developing standby power generators engineered to meet the specific needs of these operations, including remote (via cable) and auto-start options, we are helping protect farmers’ investments and reduce unnecessary stress and suffering by the animals, themselves.”
Features of all HIPOWER SYSTEMS agricultural generators include:
- Heavy-duty skid base and frame with four anti-vibration shock absorbers
- EPA Tier 3 emergency-compliant John Deere diesel engine, supplied with cooling package installed
- Engine heat shield and belt guard
- Available with 125/40 rated Cummins or Marathon alternator
- Key-start control panel with voltmeter, ammeter, and frequency analogue meter gauges
- Deep Sea Electronics (DSE 3110) controller, a compact control module with both manual and auto start operating capabilities
- Junction box with UL approved terminal block installed on the side of the alternator
- Fully CSA approved
Additional options available upon request to meet specific application needs include:
- Secondary key start, which can be supplied with a 10, 20 or 30 foot cable
- Industrial muffler (supplied loose)
- Murphy radiator-level sensor
- Six amp battery charger
- Block heater
The unit can also be supplied without a junction box for direct connection inside the alternator box.
“Animal husbandry operations often survive on razor-thin margins, and animal deaths from an extreme weather event can wipe out years of profits,” said Acosta. “Furthermore, with customers increasingly expecting companies to show greater concern for animal welfare, many operators want the reassurance of knowing both their bottom lines and their stock are protected. With HIPOWER SYSTEMS AG line of generators, they can be confident of both.”
About HIPOWER SYSTEMS
HIPOWER SYSTEMS (a division of Himoinsa, S.L.; a member of the YANMAR Co., Ltd. group of companies) is the principal supplier of power distribution and prime, standalone power-generation equipment and packages to the U.S. and Canadian markets, serving the Residential, Commercial and Industrial sectors including the Agriculture, Telecommunications, Health Care and Oil & Gas Industries. The company builds and customizes backup generators, diesel generators, natural gas generators and alternative bi-fuel generator sets from 8kW to 3MW with a complete range of accessories, including automatic transfer switches, paralleling switchgear, UL tanks, enclosures and power distribution equipment.
In North America and throughout the globe, our rental packages and power distribution equipment are recognized as the best power solution source for emergency and disaster relief. For more information, visit www.hipowersystems.com.