In the challenging conditions of the oil & gas industry, uptime is a mandate, HIPOWER SYSTEMS' high-performance diesel generators are designed and manufactured to achieve these goals, and far more.
Ready to Work; Built to Move
For O&G operations often located in remote conditions, equipment ruggedness, longevity and reliability are paramount. Yet, fluctuating oil prices and high exploration costs often mean operating on razor-thin margins. To give O&G operators the most value for their investment in the conditions unique to this industry, HIPOWER SYSTEMS’ O&G experts help distributors, vendors and clients custom match select units to the demands of every job.
Ranging in prime power ratings from 25 kVA to 1152 kVA, these gensets are built to run under load 24/7/365 when maintained according to recommendations. Each also comes preconfigured with an array of built-ins, including a power distribution panel and a best-in-class controller, conveying superb performance as a standalone unit or as part of a parallel system for added operating flexibility. Diesel generators can be outfitted with bifuel systems to burn natural gas, as well.
To support its customers at every level, HIPOWER SYSTEMS uses advanced processes and enhanced services to help operators ensure equipment is safe, properly maintained and as user-friendly as possible. These services include comprehensive training programs and maintenance services, including an option to have a dedicated support team fly onsite and troubleshoot and resolve problems.
To learn more about the features and characteristics of our O&G diesel generators we invite you to review the details below , download our Oil and Gas Brochure or visit the individual product pages on this site. To have one of our O&G Division specialists develop a custom recommendation for your company, please submit a contact request form or call 866-710-2988, toll-free.
Engines and Systems
- Proven-reliable engines from leading manufacturers John Deere, Yanmar and MTU Detroit Diesel, with Deep Sea Electronics advanced digital controllers for remote access, optional load sharing and telematics.
- Optima gel batteries for high cranking amps in low-temperature situations, standard excitation booster (PMG) in the alternator and UL/C(UL) listed internal battery charger with waterproof enclosure.
- Heavy-duty battery disconnect switch and main circuit breaker with electronic trip settings.
- Multiple voltage selector switch with pad lockable handle for easy switching between single-phase and three-phase (U.S. or Canadian) power, from running man camps to powering pump jacks.
- Attractive, ultra-durable steel enclosures are engineered and verified to perform under high structural stress and harsh conditions.
- Skids are integrated with the structural bedplate and enclosure framework to project against job-site damage.
- Built-in, easy-access power distribution panel with receptacles, individual breakers, Camlok devices and lugs.
- Oversized enclosure doors with controller-viewing windows expedite maintenance operations, servicing and periodic analyses.
Environmental, Regulatory and Site Benefits
- Compact units, often incorporating built-in trailers, can be towed across the site or hoisted and moved using the single-point lifting eye integrated into the skid frame.
- Meets or exceeds NEC, MSHA, and OSHA standards; compliant with a variety of tier levels (Tier 2 – Tier 4i) for NESHAP-regulated emissions. Specialized fluid basin in the skid base (110% spill containment) prevents leakage onto the surrounding ground.
- Three-way fuel valve with quick-connect external couplers.
- Weather-resistance features include watertight enclosures and water jacket engine block heater with heavy-duty heating elements. Optional custom winterization packages afford even more protection for extreme weather conditions to as low as -50º.
Diesel Generator Protection and Upkeep
The Investment in a diesel generator does not stop when the merchandise has been delivered and the funds have been transferred. For such a substantial investment, operators should be prepared to protect the machinery and keep it well-maintained to get the best return on investment.
This is where great developments in generator accessories come into play. These advancements will help keep your diesel generator working as it should and allow maintenance to be carried out seamlessly.
Diesel generators for sale to remote locations immediately present access issues. Fortunately, telematics and remote control developments have become so advanced that they allow operators to check, control, adjust and configure generators by remote access. There will be no more guesswork and worrying, because the system can be set up to send alerts when there are issues that need to be addressed. Alerts are sent through designated PCs or even via SMS to mobile devices. This approach puts great power and flexibility into the operators' hands.
In addition to systems that provide remote access, another development in the generator industry includes the use of mobile buildings to house generators. This approach eliminates the need for Oil & Gas operations to construct permanent buildings to house industrial generators. Mobile buildings are large enough to provide a waterproof and weatherproof location for the maintenance and service of the machines.
Mobile buildings can be constructed off-site and assembled where needed. If weather conditions are extreme, this makes mobile buildings the more practical choice as they expedite the time involved in final assembly. These buildings can be moved as locations change, saving money for Oil & Gas companies. They can also be customized to address the unique conditions posed by each environment where they are used. Winterizing, silencers for sound pollution, and fire suppression are just some of the options possible with a diesel generator.
Login to download full information about this unit